Sunday, February 6, 2011

Criticizing Photographs: Chapter 3

    



Harry Callahan, Eleanor, 1947
       This chapter thoroughly discussed everything that has to do with interrupting photographs. There are many ways to interpret a photograph. Everyone is going to have a different perspective or way of looking at an image. There are many questions you need to ask yourself when interpreting a photograph. For example, Does it affect my life? , What does it mean to me?, What is it about?, and How was it made. These are just a few of the many questions that should be running through your mind when looking at an image.
        This chapter gives you many things to think about. I know I don't usually give as much time as I should when looking at a photograph. There is so much to think about and you should always relate a photograph that your looking at back to your own work. I feel like this will make a stronger photographer. I need to work on analyzing my work and others work more intensively and thoroughly.
     This chapter mainly gave me the knowledge that the purpose of interpretations is to allow the viewer to understand the meaning of a  photograph. This is very important in photography because EVERY photograph has a meaning but it can change from viewer to viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment